IMO-Vega is an essential tool for anyone involved in shipping: shipowners and operators, shipbuilders, classification societies, casualty investigators, governments, insurers and underwriters, port authorities, surveyors and many others.
The IMO-Vega Database, developed jointly by IMO and Det Norske Veritas (DNV GL AS), puts all the necessary information at your fingertips. Given year of build, ship type, ship size, cargo, trade area and flag, IMO-Vega will quickly identify the requirements applicable to the ship in question.
Unlike other, similar products, IMO-Vega contains historical data including regulations which have been superseded. In the context of Port State Control, for example, access to the correct historical regulations is essential.
The IMO-Vega subscription includes up-to-date texts, with all amendments adopted up to October 2019, of the following IMO requirements:
- 1974 SOLAS Convention, including 1978 and 1988 Protocols and all amendments
- 1966 Load Lines Convention, including 1988 and 2003 Protocols
- MARPOL 73/78, including all amendments
- 1978 and 1995 STCW Convention and Code, with amendments
- 1972 Collision Regulations
- 1969 Tonnage Convention
- 2004 Ballast Water Management Convention
- International Bulk Chemical (IBC) Code, with amendments
- International Gas Carrier (IGC) Code, with amendments
- International Safety Management (ISM) Code
- International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
- International Code of Safety for High-Speed Craft (HSC Code) 1994 and 2000
- Code of Safe Practice for Solid Bulk Cargoes (IMSBC)
- International Grain Code
- Code of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing (CSS), as amended
- Code of Safe Practice for Ships Carrying Timber Deck Cargoes, as amended
- 1989 MODU Code, as amended in 1991
- International Code of Signals
- International Life-Saving Appliance (LSA) Code
- Recommendations on the Safe Use of Pesticides in Ships.
- International Convention on Oil Pollution Preparedness, Response and Co-operation (OPRC), 1990
- OPRC-HNS Protocol 2000
- Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009
- IAMSAR Manual: Volumes I, II and III
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code.
Whereas only the most known requirements are listed above, the database also contains most safety-related documents issued by IMO such as circulars, resolutions, etc.
The first user is free.
If you wish more than 1 user, each user after the first will be £350 per user.
Please make sure you indicate how many users you want when you are ordering, as IMO Publishing is not able to add any more users after the initial order until it is time to renew the subscription (1 year).
If you order this subscription for the first time, you can use this selling page to select the users, and then click on "Add to Cart".
You can also ask for a quote by e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set up a two-day trial for IMO-Vega on the Web at vp.imo.org/Public/TrialSetup.aspx.
After one year, you can renew your IMO-Vega on the Web subscription at a special rate.
Please e-mail email@example.com for a quote.
This offer is only valid for 30 days from the subscription expiry date.