The 2022 edition of the Supplement features:
- the Revised Emergency Response Procedures for Ships Carrying Dangerous Goods (EmS Guide), taking into account Amendment 41-22 to the IMDG Code;
- the Medical First Aid Guide for Use in Accidents involving
- Dangerous Goods (MFAG);
- the Reporting procedures;
- the Recommendations on the safe use of pesticides in ships;
- the International Code for the Safe Carriage of Packaged Irradiated Nuclear Fuel, Plutonium and High-Level Radioactive Wastes on board Ships (INF Code); and,
- other appropriate resolutions and circulars pertaining to the transport of dangerous goods, including *Guidelines for the implementation of the inspection programmes for cargo transport units* (MSC.1/Circ.1649) and the *List of non-exhaustive voluntary guidance on pest contamination* (MSC.1/Circ.1650).
- Your IMO Publishing Account
- The New IMO Bookshelf
- How to Open and Read an E-Reader with the Old IMO Bookshelf Software
Once you have purchased this e-product, you CANNOT download it from the IMRF website.
The IMRF will set up your account at IMO Publishing and send you the login credentials by e-mail.
You can then download your e-product from your IMO Publishing Account.
If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, the IMRF will add your purchased e-product to your account, and send you an e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
Image from IMO Publishing Newsletter May 2022
IMO Publishing is pleased to confirm that the new, browser-based IMO Bookshelf service launched, as planned, on 1 May 2022.
Now, any new e-reader purchases will be for use with the new IMO Bookshelf service, so there is nothing to download and you will normally have access to you publications when they log into your New IMO Bookshelf within 30 minutes of the IMRF Bookshop assigns the purchase to your account.
As always the IMRF Bookshop will send you the login credentials, which are created by the Virtual Publications website, when your first new purchases to your IMO IMO Publishing account from 1 May 2022. You will also need the URL of the new IMO Bookshelf service, which is www.imobookshelf.org.
Migration of your existing purchases to the new service may only take place once you already have purchased an E-Reader from 1 May 2022 onwards.
To enable the migration process, please send the IMRF Bookshop the migration form. Once the migration form is completed, please return it to us by firstname.lastname@example.org. Once this has been done, we will forward the form to email@example.com, where the migration request will be logged before onward transmission to their technical service provider, Witherbys, who will liaise with the you to effect the migration.
In order to migrate to be successful, please make sure that your old Windows-Based IMO Bookshelf is updated to 5.13.
For more information, including user support documents, migration forms and videos, please go to the dedicated distributor IMO Bookshelf web page and the customer IMO Bookshelf Web Page.
Remember! Any E-Reader or E-Book you purchase as of 1 May 2022 will work only with the new IMO Bookshelf and cannot be activated in the Windows-based IMO Bookshelf software!
- The New IMO Bookshelf Manual
- Migration Form
- How to Access Your IMO Publications
- Update the old Windows Based IMO Bookshelf to 5.13 Version
- Migration can only take place once a customer has purchased a new title since 1 May 2022
- Purchasing a new title will automatically create an account on the new IMO Bookshelf but will not automatically migrate customers’ existing purchases to the new account
- Customers must complete a migration form provided by their distributor and sent to IMO Publishing by the distributor
- Customers MUST NOT uninstall their Windows-based IMO Bookshelf software until full migration has been confirmed
- All communication regarding migration of IMO publications must be with IMO Publishing
Therefore IMRF Bookshop Online has written a short manual with illustrations on how to install and open an E-Reader in the IMO Bookshelf Manual 5.13 (February 2022).
Please download and read the IMRF Bookshop "How to Open and Read an E-Reader with the IMO Bookshelf Software".
If you still have questions, please visit https://www.imo.org/en/publications/Pages/Bookshelf.aspx for the latest version of the IMO Bookshelf and the PDF instruction manuals, which you can find at the bottom of the page.
The Windows-based IMO Bookshelf (v.5.13) will be supported until 30 June 2023.
If you have bought E-Readers before 1 May 2022, you can open them in the old IMO Bookshelf. If you bought E-Readers after 1 May 2022, then you automatically will use the New IMO Bookshelf.