The 2019 edition includes:
- A description of the development and the concepts of the GMDSS
- A description of the components of the GMDSS, the carriage requirements and the operational procedures
- Excerpts from the relevant SOLAS regulations for the GMDSS
- Supporting resolutions and circulars relevant to the GMDSS
- The IMO performance standards and related ITU-R Recommendations, including technical details of the radio equipment
- Information on promulgation of maritime safety information (MSI) and the World-Wide Navigational Warning Service
- The NAVTEX Manual (2017)
- The International SafetyNET Manual (2017) and related amendments
- Interim guidance on technical requirements for Inmarsat Fleet Safety service
- Interim Iridium SafetyCast service manual
- The current GMDSS Master Plan giving the details of the coastal infrastructure and services provided by Member States
- Extracts from the ITU-R Radio Regulations giving the radio regulatory background.
The Manual is intended for use by ship personnel, shore operators, trainers, administrations, regulators and anyone else concerned with ship communication.
Once you have purchased this e-product, you CANNOT download it from the IMRF website.
The IMRF will set up your account at IMO Publishing and send you the login credentials by e-mail.
You can then download your e-product from your IMO Publishing Account.
If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, the IMRF will add your purchased e-product to your account, and send you an e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
An E-Reader (EBK file) can only be read through the IMO Bookshelf Software.
One licence (read: 1 E-Reader) gives you 2 "copies" to download on different devices if you wish, or use the second "copy" as a spare in case something happens to your computer.
Since December 2019 the IMO Bookshelf Software now allows you to uninstall your e-reader from your computer and install it on another computer (don't forget to reinstall the IMO Bookshelf software on the other computer as well, of course). This gives you more freedom and there is less chance you have to use your second copy, and could even been given to a colleague.
Important: You must uninstall the license from the old computer before attempting to reinstall it on another computer!
NB: You may print 10% of the text (approx. a chapter) at a time from a single title with a maximum of 75 pages per day across all titles.
Click on the following link for more information about E-Books and E-Readers.