The 2020 Edition features:
• an update of the 2008 IS Code, including all amendments that will have entered into force on 1 January 2020;
• minor additions and amendments to the mandatory part A of the Code;
• amendments to the Code’s recommendatory part B, including substantial additions to chapter 2 on Recommended design criteria for certain types of ships and chapter 3 on Guidance in preparing stability information, as well as the provision of a new annex 3;
• criteria based on the best state-of-the-art concepts available at the time they were developed; and influences on intact stability, as contained in the previous edition; and
• Explanatory Notes and the Unified Interpretations to the 2008 IS Code.
This publication should be of interest to maritime administrations, ship manufacturers, shipping companies, education institutes and others concerned with intact stability criteria.
Once you have purchased this e-product, you CANNOT download it from the IMRF website.
The IMRF will set up your account at IMO Publishing and send you the login credentials by e-mail.
You can then download your e-product from your IMO Publishing Account.
If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, the IMRF will add your purchased e-product to your account, and send you an e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
An E-Reader (EBK file) can only be read through the IMO Bookshelf Software.
One licence (read: 1 E-Reader) gives you 2 "copies" to download on different devices if you wish, or use the second "copy" as a spare in case something happens to your computer.
Since December 2019 the IMO Bookshelf Software now allows you to uninstall your e-reader from your computer and install it on another computer (don't forget to reinstall the IMO Bookshelf software on the other computer as well, of course). This gives you more freedom and there is less chance you have to use your second copy, and could even been given to a colleague.
Important: You must uninstall the license from the old computer before attempting to reinstall it on another computer!
NB: You may print 10% of the text (approx. a chapter) at a time from a single title with a maximum of 75 pages per day across all titles.
Click on the following link for more information about E-Books and E-Readers.