- to maintain a high level of safety of human life in the transport and handling of containers by providing acceptable test procedures and related strength requirements; and
- to provide uniform international safety regulations, equally applicable to all modes of surface transport, thereby avoiding the proliferation of divergent national regulations.
The amendments to CSC 1972 adopted by resolution MSC.355(92) entered into force on 1 July 2014 and include:
- new definitions at the beginning of annexes I and II, along with consequential amendments to ensure uniform usage of terminology throughout CSC 1972;
- amendments to align all physical dimensions and units to the SI system;
- the introduction of a transitional period for marking containers with restricted stacking capacity, as required under the relevant standard; and
- the inclusion in annex III of the list of deficiencies which do not require an immediate out-of-service decision by the control officer but do require additional safety measures to enable safe ongoing transport.
Once you have purchased this e-product, you CANNOT download it from the IMRF website.
The IMRF will set up your account at IMO Publishing and send you the login credentials by e-mail.
You can then download your e-product from your IMO Publishing Account.
If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, the IMRF will add your purchased e-product to your account, and send you an e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
An E-Reader (EBK file) can only be read through the IMO Bookshelf Software.
One licence (read: 1 E-Reader) gives you 2 "copies" to download on different devices if you wish, or use the second "copy" as a spare in case something happens to your computer.
Since December 2019 the IMO Bookshelf Software now allows you to uninstall your e-reader from your computer and install it on another computer (don't forget to reinstall the IMO Bookshelf software on the other computer as well, of course). This gives you more freedom and there is less chance you have to use your second copy, and could even been given to a colleague.
Important: You must uninstall the license from the old computer before attempting to reinstall it on another computer!
NB: You may print 10% of the text (approx. a chapter) at a time from a single title with a maximum of 75 pages per day across all titles.
Click on the following link for more information about E-Books and E-Readers.