The BWM Convention also aims to avoid unwanted side-effects from that control and encourages developments in related knowledge and technology.
The 2018 consolidated edition reproduces:
• the updated text of the BWM Convention, including the incorporation of the amendments that have been adopted by the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC) at its 72nd session (9 to 13 April 2018);
• the text of the Code for Approval of Ballast Water Management Systems (BWMS Code), also adopted by MEPC 72;
• four Conference resolutions adopted at the International Conference on Ballast Water Management for Ships held at IMO’s Headquarters in London from 9 to 13 February 2004;
• the up-to-date set of Guidelines for the uniform implementation of the Convention developed and adopted by MEPC, including revised versions adopted by MEPC up to its 71st
session (3 to 7 July 2017); and
• other guidelines related to the implementation of the Convention.
This publication aims to provide an easy and comprehensive reference to the up-to-date provisions and Unified Interpretations of the Articles and Annex of the BWM Convention.
Once you have purchased this e-product, you CANNOT download it from the IMRF website.
The IMRF will set up your account at IMO Publishing and send you the login credentials by e-mail.
You can then download your e-product from your IMO Publishing Account.
If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, the IMRF will add your purchased e-product to your account, and send you an e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
An E-Reader (EBK file) can only be read through the IMO Bookshelf Software.
One licence (read: 1 E-Reader) gives you 2 "copies" to download on different devices if you wish, or use the second "copy" as a spare in case something happens to your computer.
Since December 2019 the IMO Bookshelf Software now allows you to uninstall your e-reader from your computer and install it on another computer (don't forget to reinstall the IMO Bookshelf software on the other computer as well, of course). This gives you more freedom and there is less chance you have to use your second copy, and could even been given to a colleague.
Important: You must uninstall the license from the old computer before attempting to reinstall it on another computer!
NB: You may print 10% of the text (approx. a chapter) at a time from a single title with a maximum of 75 pages per day across all titles.
Click on the following link for more information about E-Books and E-Readers.