- to maintain a high level of safety of human life in the transport and handling of containers by providing acceptable test procedures and related strength requirements; and
- to provide uniform international safety regulations, equally applicable to all modes of surface transport, thereby avoiding the proliferation of divergent national regulations.
The amendments to CSC 1972 adopted by resolution MSC.355(92) entered into force on 1 July 2014 and include:
- new definitions at the beginning of annexes I and II, along with consequential amendments to ensure uniform usage of terminology throughout CSC 1972;
- amendments to align all physical dimensions and units to the SI system;
- the introduction of a transitional period for marking containers with restricted stacking capacity, as required under the relevant standard; and
- the inclusion in annex III of the list of deficiencies which do not require an immediate out-of-service decision by the control officer but do require additional safety measures to enable safe ongoing transport.
Once you have purchased this e-product, you CANNOT download it from the IMRF website.
The IMRF will set up your account at IMO Publishing and send you the login credentials by e-mail.
You can then download your e-product from your IMO Publishing Account.
If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, the IMRF will add your purchased e-product to your account, and send you an e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
An E-Book is a PDF and can be downloaded from your IMO Publishing account directly to your computer. You may have to fill in a purchase code, which can be found in your IMO Publishing Account.
One licence (read: 1 E-Book) gives you 2 "copies" to download on different devices if you wish, or use the second "copy" as a spare in case something happens to your device. But, most PDF books are not secured and can be shared among colleagues multiple times.
An E-Book works on a Windows Computer, a Mac Computer, and many smart devices (providing it has a "PDF reader" installed on it).
Click on the following link for more information about E-Books and E-Readers.