The IMRF is the international charity focussed on improving Maritime SAR capability worldwide. We work with Government and Non-Government SAR Organisations to achieve this. We have 99 organisations in 48 countries (December 2017) paying a subscription as members of the IMRF and working together to reduce the loss of life. The membership includes Maritime Rescue Coordination Centres, Coast Guards and Volunteer response organisations.
This policy explains how we collect and use your information.
When you provide us with your personal information you are agreeing to this policy and consenting to our collection and use of that information as set out in this policy.
We may be required to update this policy at any time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact the IMRF CEO, International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF), PO Box 1389, Enfield, EN1 9GF, United Kingdom, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do We Collect Information?
We may obtain personal information from you when you ask about our activities, Newsletters and other news, sign up for events, apply for courses, applying for an IMRF Membership or Subscription, send or receive an email, buy our goods online, make a donation or otherwise provide us with personal information.
All information collected is processed in accordance with our legal requirements and the Data Protection Act 1998.
What Information Do We Collect?
The information we collect depends upon your reason for visiting our website, one of our events, or our office, but may include your full name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, credit/debit card information or bank account details if setting up a Direct Debit mandate.
If you are making a donation or enquiring about the International Maritime Rescue (IMRF) we will ask if you would like to receive future mailings and updates and, if you do, the type of communication, e.g. newsletters, general news, etc. You can change your mind at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option included with the e-mail, or by writing to the International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF), PO Box 1389, Enfield, EN1 9GF, United Kingdom, or e-mail email@example.com.
Why Do We Collect Your Information?
We collect the information you provide to:
- Respond to your requests – such as donations, membership, purchases and any information regarding the IMRF that you have made questions about.
- Manage your purchase orders, delivery of products and communicate with you about those orders.
- Record any contact we have with you.
- Keep you up-to-date on the IMRF’s news such our LIFE LINE Newsletter, fundraising campaigns, challenges, achievements, etc, but only if we have previously received your consent to do so.
- Prevent or detect fraud, or abuses, of our website and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other legitimate functions on our behalf.
- Conduct research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to enable a better understanding of your requirements so that the IMRF can identify areas for improvement in providing our services. If this research is conducted by a third party, the IMRF will ensure that all personal information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The IMRF will never swap or sell your details to third parties. When dealing with your personal information we will always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any other applicable legislation.
We will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes if we are permitted to do so by law or if we have your consent.
You can change your mind at any time by writing to the International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF), PO Box 1389, Enfield, EN1 9GF, United Kingdom, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do We Use 'Cookies'?
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We take the security of your information very seriously and have put appropriate measures in place to minimise the risk to your information from loss, theft or misuse. These include:
- Use of Cloud Access Security, SSL Security and the PayPal Security System to protect your transaction details when making a donation, payment or purchase via our websites.
- Restricted access control, including use of passwords, to your information stored on our systems.
- Taking measures to ensure the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes to which you have given consent.
- Contractual agreements between working partners (e.g. banks for payment transactions) that require compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all applicable legislation.
Links to Third Party Websites
Social Media Sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.)
Do We Share Your Information?
There are some circumstances where we may need to.
- If we are legally required to do so, e.g. court order, law enforcement agency pursuing an investigation.
- If we believe it necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our personnel or visitors to our premises or websites.
- When we work with carefully selected partners for either research or analysis and processing card payments, HSBC Bank, PayPal, etc. These partners will only have access to your information when the necessary contractual arrangements have been agreed and signed.
Right of Access
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
Anyone wishing to make a Subject Access Request should apply in writing to the IMRF CEO. The IMRF aims to respond to all requests within 90 days of receipt of a Subject Access Request.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up-to-date by notifying us.
If at any time you’d like us to change the way we contact you, or if you would like to opt out of our communications altogether, please contact a member of our IMRF Secretariat to action your request by:
Telephone: +44 1569 767 405
Write: International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF), PO Box 1389, Enfield, EN1 9GF, United Kingdom
We will only email you if we have your consent to do so, but if you receive anything you would rather not, please let us know. We include an unsubscribe option within every news e-mail we send, so you are always in control of what you receive.
There are also details of how to opt out of any mailings sent in the post (e.g. Membership packs, or letters, etc.). If you receive a mailing you do not want, please let us know, so we can update your communication preferences. This will help us to ensure we only ever send you materials that you would like to receive.
All photography on this site is reproduced with kind permission of the photographers and organisations concerned.
All information published on this site is provided to the best of our knowledge. However, while the International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF) is happy to supply any assistance and guidance regarding the improving Maritime SAR capability worldwide, it must be appreciated that such guidance is based only on information supplied by related key projects, organisations and individuals, and the International Maritime Rescue Federation will not be liable for injury, loss or damage arising from such guidance supplied. You may print any newsletter or factsheet on this site for your own information but you may not sell it, reproduce it on the internet, distribute it, alter it, or reprint it in any publication without permission from the International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF), PO Box 1389, Enfield, EN1 9GF, United Kingdom, or e-mail email@example.com.
If you have a complaint about the International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF), or any of our policies or procedures, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last updated in October 2020.