Navigational Equipment, 2020 edition provides mariners, Administrations, shipowners and manufacturers with new and revised standards for the safe and secure communication and navigation of ships.
Under resolution A.825(19), and its superseding resolution A.886(21), the adoption of performance standards, as well as their amendments, has been performed by the Maritime Safety Committee on behalf of the International Maritime Organization.
The present edition includes consolidated updates and new requirements adopted up to October 2020, in particular, in the areas of:
• integrated navigation systems (INS)
• navigational displays
• navigation related symbols, terms and abbreviations
• shipborne radionavigation receivers
• long-range identification and tracking of ships (LRIT)
• equipment for the reception of navigational and meteorological warnings and urgent information to ships (NAVTEX)
• enhanced group call (EGC) equipment
• ship earth stations for use in the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS), and
• emergency position-indicating radio beacons (EPIRB).
Once you have purchased this e-product, you CANNOT download it from the IMRF website.
The IMRF will set up your account at IMO Publishing and send you the login credentials by e-mail.
You can then download your e-product from your IMO Publishing Account.
If you already have an IMO Publishing Account, the IMRF will add your purchased e-product to your account, and send you and e-mail when the e-product is ready for download.
This IMO digital publication (e-reader) is in EBK format for use on a single computer/laptop with our Windows-based e-reader software, "The IMO Bookshelf".
If you have not already have this software installed on their computer, it can be downloaded, free of charge here: http://www.imo.org/en/Publications/Pages/Bookshelf.aspx.
NB: Your customer may print 10% of the text (approx. a chapter) at a time from a single title with a maximum of 75 pages per day across all titles.