D311E - IMO e-learning: Marine Accident and Incident Investigators (V1.0), 2004 - English
To be able to see and receive the 20% IMRF Member Discount, please log in as a member. If you are not a member, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the publications are not held at the IMRF and are dispatched from IMO Publishing.
This self-paced, self-contained e-learning course deals with marine accident and incident investigations. It is designed to provide a new marine accident investigator with the fundamental knowledge and understanding of an investigator's role and responsibilities, and of the use and applicability of IMO and other international legislation and instruments. In particular, it draws upon IMO resolutions A.849(20) and A.884(21)(Code for the Investigation of Marine Casualties and Incidents) and IMO model course 3.11 (Marine Accident and Incident Investigation).
Main features of the learning platform:
- A structured, easy-to-use, HTML-based platform
- Interactive lessons in embedded tutor mode
- Case studies from marine accident reports
- Self-assessment quizzes for direct feedback
- Direct access to all relevant IMo and other international
legislation, codes and instruments on the CD
- Search and personal progress monitor functions
- How to use guidelines for self-paced study
- Links to appropriate internet sites.
IMO Publishing often releases supplements for databases and CDs. Check out the latest edition on the "Supplements and CDs" Page. (new window)